Tak cakap, bukan tak sayang.




I was recently being promoted (tiup kuku) and relocated to another department (boo!). I am not doing Government Financial Statements anymore and it makes me sick. Very. I know it’s only been a month but I miss my previous work already. My ex staff and boss kept calling me still. sigh. *pstt i was soooo happy when they came to me whenever there were  problems and needed my help. Because I loveeeeee doing the forensic accounting. Finding solution to problems. After cracking up my head playing with the figures and acts, poof! It’s solved!  Man, it is damn satisfying. *Did I not tell you I am a genius? 


My new department is focusing on system development. The government is moving from cash basis accounting to accrual basis. As the basis on reporting changes, the system also needs to be developed to cater the changes. I was actually being loaned to my current department for 6 months because I was specialized in government loans. *Bukan personal loan akak abang gomen. Loans the government made from foreign agencies and or countries. Loans given to states and local agencies. Loans made from issuing government bonds. 


My new department has been strugling for yearssss to make this dual accounting system go live in 2017. Yes, it’s effing dual accounting system! Top management wants it to be dual accounting. The process will be on acrrual basis and the cash basis process will be mapped together so that the top leaders can read the Financial Statements in acrrual basis but they still can refer it with the cash basis based on the cash posting rules. It’s fucking hard and boo! you, top management. Kejap nak macam ni kejap nak macam tu, tampar kang.


Since we need to make this system called 1GFMAS goes live in 2017, our work now is on “finish it soon or go die” stage. We need to go thru every process to make sure both accrual and cash fits each other perfectly and at the same times complied with all the stupid accounting rules.  


 
*This para is the example of hundred pages of the Functional Specs (FS) waiting to be checked and approved. 

I am still trying to adapt with the new work and team mates, observing how things get done in here and whatnots. I have to catch up real fast. *I need to catch up with the IT jargons weh. I feel like an alien!*  Oh! My new IT vocab is Web Dynpro. It is a web aps develop by SAP that can help you to copy the table rules from SAPgui to web. Errr ye ke? Damn I need to ask my consultant again esok. 


Despite the crazy work, one thing I know for sure is, I miss my team at level 3. All of them. A lot. But nahhhh, not gonna tell them. Because im cool liddat.*pakai shades dan jalan*



F.


Comments

Popular Posts